Chiesa di San Giorgio dei Greci e Scuola dei Greci

After the fall of Constantinople in 1453, the Greeks found refuge in Venice. Their community became one of largest, being second only to that of the Jews. In 1526 the Greeks obtained permission to practice the orthodox rite and to acquire a huge piece of land along the St. Lawrence Canal, where in 1536 they built the church of Sante Lombardo and the School with its attached buildings (Longhena, second half of the 17th century).

Error thrown

Call to undefined function mysql_real_escape_string()